The DS9-Runabout is a kit where Revell was wasting something. Cool design, many possibilities BUT have not used those possibilities.
What is missing? I believe the subject line is saying it already! the inside! The Thing has windows to look into it and not to paint them black. That means – GoGoGo to build the interiour.
To be honest i do build the inside already the second time. My WIP-File on my PC was going corrupt and is not openable anymore. As my Freecad has History-follow up possibilitis, it was not necessary to save multiple files and i can continue within the same file. Lets start again. The Good thing is that i do have many parts printed availbale in different colors and still printed and i can start to rebuild my own design.
As example – the backside-compartement door – required originally 12 hours to build it inclusive exact measurement of the Revell-Kit plus multiple outputs. for the new version it was just 1.5h and i do build multiple walls together. I was also learning to build multiple walls merged together to make the printout more table.
- Front-area – complete interiour
- modular engineering to build the possibility of the TNG/DS9 version
- Transporter-area – repositioning possible
- middle area – modular build
- Storage area
- Multiple rooms
- Science area
- Possibility to have left or right side individuell designed
- some walls should be open or closed
- fully detailed room backside
- door to the backside – servo controlled possibility
- Doors runabout should be possible to be opened left/right together (Servocontrolled)
- enabling the model to add LEDs on all positions
- re-produceable 3d-print
complete listing of the build